WELCOME TO MY BLOG THAT WILL CONSIST OF FRIVILOUS GIRLY NONSENSE!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Going Vegetarian and Gluten Free.

Going Vegetarian and Gluten Free is something I have thought a ton about over the last few months. I have researched and combed over tons of gluten websites, trying to decide if this was for me or not. I have been wanting to have a diet change for a while. If you know me well, you know my eating habits are so strange. Most days, I eat 1 meal a day with a few snacks in the evening. This has been my routine for years. I dont like eating breakfast, and around lunch time normally I am too busy doing other things or out running errands to eat. If I am out of the house all day, the only thing I will have is a Starbucks drink. Yes, horrible I know!

When I was younger I was always a fan of meat. Many times my Mother tried to delete meat from our families diet but somehow it always cam creeping back in and I loved it. I loved steak,chicken,beef,pork! No fish though! (Seafood+Me=a whole other can of worms lol). 
In the last I would say 5 or 6 years, slowly I have begun to not like the taste of any meat. I will make chicken for dinner for my husband and I, but all I will end up eating is the potatoes or green beans on the side. Meat is becoming a torture for me to eat. I find it disgusting now for some reason. So instead of me continuously buying tons of meat at the grocery store but never fixing it because I dont want it, I am going to just send my husband to get whatever meat he wants and I will shop for other vegetarian type things.

I dont want to go into a whole explanation of Gluten and being Gluten free. If you would like to know more, there are TONS of websites with all the info. A strict gluten-free diet means no oats, wheat, rye, barley, or malt flavorings. I am doing this for digestive purposes. All my life I have had a really screwed up digestive track. I wont go into the gory,gross details, but as I get older its getting worse. 




I am excited about this new phase in my life. I am hoping I can stick to it, but I find with me, if there is a reason I am doing something I normally stick it out. Rather than choosing to change my diet "for fun" or because its a "fad". 

No comments:

Post a Comment